Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Arrived Safely

After 48 hours of traveling and 3 different continents, we've safely arrived in South Africa. Everything is pretty hectic right now in terms of getting a feel for Johannesburg and Soweto, learning how to drive a stick shift on the opposite side of the road, learning a years worth of information, planning, and skills about GRS Soweto from the past intern (who leaves tomorrow...), and doing all of this on nothing but a few hours about interspersed airplane naps. It's all very exhausting but still unbelievably exciting. I'll write a longer update regarding what the past week or so has been like when I can sit down or get the chance - or whenever I figure out how to shift gears without stalling in the middle of an intersection...

1 comment:

  1. Clinton!

    Glad you had a great orientation at Dartmouth, have now arrived safely in South Africa and are learning the ropes--for work and daily living. Hang in there with the stick shift and it will feel natural to you in a very short time. ;)

    Will look forward to your blog posts, documenting your year and your experience in Soweto. Love your passion and commitment to this very worthy service mission with Grassroot Soccer. I am SO proud of you!!!

    Sending you my love, prayers, hugs and kisses! pch-pch-pch!! ;)

    Love ya much!

    Auntie

    ReplyDelete